Tomorrow is Daylight Savings and I love that my hubby will be home for an extra hour this weekend!
I know many of you plan to use your “extra” hour for some much needed sleep, but I have a few suggestions that would make your sleep more restful, which in the long run is much better.
- Test your fire alarms and replace batteries.
- After reading this post, we decided to check to see if our new house had carbon monoxide detectors…which I was surprised to find out the answer was no…so we will be putting some up.
- Check and clean/replace air filters as needed in your home.
- Talk to your kids about fire/earthquake/etc. safety and if you don’t have a plan for emergencies, set one up.
- Speaking of emergencies; you know those water jugs you purchased “just in case”? Go ahead and put some water in them “just in case”.
- Replace any exterior lights that have burnt out.
- For possible power outages, do you have candles & matches ready? If you plan to use flashlights instead, check batteries and make sure the extra batteries are with the flashlights.
- Check your first aid kit and restock as necessary for both your home and car….if you don’t have one, either buy one or put one together.
- Check not only your lint trap, but the hose on your dryer as well and remove any buildup that may have accumulated.
- If you already have the above items done, you deserve a break and you should enter all the open giveaways on the blog.
I hope that you enjoy your “extra” hour this weekend and you will have many more nights of restful sleep if you put it to good use!